Due date: Nov 19th midnight.
Submission: Please email your critique as a pdf to Prof. Roy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject “CS838/BMI826-023: Critique 2”. Please remember to add your name on the Critique.
The goal of this critique assignment is to discuss the ideas and approaches from two papers covered in the “Graph clustering and alignment” section. Please write a critique (1-2 pages) focusing on these two papers:
- Fuse: multiple network alignment via data fusion
- Efficient integration of heterogeneous single-cell transcriptomes using Scanorama
Please structure your critique so that it addresses the following points each in a separate section.
1. An overview of the general problem area these methods are addressing.
2. Briefly describe each method.
3. How were the methods evaluated?
4. What novel insights were obtained using these methods?
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each method?