This critique should be based on two papers listed below that we discussed in class on learning networks from gene expression data. Your critique should be no more than 1500 words. Please submit your critique via canvas. The papers are:
- Bayesian Inference of Signaling Network Topology in a Cancer Cell Line
- Inferring Regulatory Networks from Expression Data Using Tree-Based Methods
Your critique should cover each of the following points. Please dedicate at least one paragraph/section to each of these points.
1. What is the general problem area these methods are addressing?
2. Briefly describe each method.
3. What novel results and insights were obtained using these methods?
4. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each method?
To see how to write critiques, you can refer to these examples (Example1, Example2) that scored very highly in previous offerings of this class. Please note that these critiques had slightly different criteria and were written for a slightly different set of papers, but hopefully you can see these as examples of a good critique.