This critique will compare two papers listed below that we discussed in class on network-based data integration and interpretation. Your critique should be 1-2 pages long, single spaced. Please submit your critique as a PDF via Canvas. The papers are:
- Algorithms for Detecting Significantly Mutated Pathways in Cancer
- Simultaneous reconstruction of multiple signaling pathways via the prize-collecting steiner forest problem
Please keep the following points in mind as you write your critique and address each in a separate section.
1. A single integrated overview of the general problem area both of these methods are addressing.
2. Briefly describe each method.
3. How were the methods evaluated?
4. What novel insights were obtained using these methods?
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each method?