This critique will compare two papers listed below that we discussed in class on graph neural networks and their applications. Your critique should be no more than 1500 words. Please submit your critique as a PDF via Canvas. The papers are:
- Protein Interface Prediction using Graph Convolutional Networks
- Recipe for a General, Powerful, Scalable Graph Transformer
Your critique should cover each of the following points. Please dedicate at least one section to each of these points.
1. What is the general problem area these methods are addressing?
2. Briefly describe each method.
3. What novel results and insights were obtained using these methods?
4. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each method?
Focus only on the graph convolutional network from paper 1 that includes edge features, as described in Equation 2.