Due date Nov 20th midnight. Please submit your critique as a pdf by email to Prof. Roy with subject “BMI826-023: Critique 2”
Please write a critique focusing on methods for network alignment. Your critique should be 1-2 pages long, single spaced. Your critique should include ideas and algorithms covered in the following papers:
- Conserved pathways within bacteria and yeast as revealed by global protein network alignment
- Global alignment of multiple protein interaction networks with application to functional orthology detection
Please keep the following points in mind as you write your critique and address each in a separate section.
1. An overview of the general problem area these methods are addressing.
2. Briefly describe each method
3. How were the methods evaluated?
4. What novel insights were obtained using these methods?
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each method?