Due Dec 14th.
Please submit your project report as a PDF via Canvas.
The project report is similar to a paper that you would write for a conference or journal. Assume your reader has the background knowledge of another student in the class. The report should describe the goal of your project, what approach you have applied to study the problem, your results, discussion, and conclusions from your results. The project report should be at most 3,000 words excluding references, should have no more than 6 figures, and should include the following sections:
1. Introduction: Describe the broad computational and biological problem that you are addressing in this project and why it is important.
2. Related work: Describe and reference current approaches or classes of methods to tackle the problem of interest.
3. Approach: Describe the algorithm(s) you applied to address the question of interest. Please put these algorithms in the context of other related approaches and describe why you selected the specific algorithm(s) for your problem.
4. Results: Describe the results that were generated as part of your experiments. Provide figures or tables summarizing your results. Provide legends for your figures and tables.
5. Discussion: Interpretation and discussion of your results. What lessons did you learn? What insights did you gain?
6. Future Work: How might you extend the work done in this project?
Your text and graphics must be your own original work. Avoid copying text or figures from other sources or papers. If you must include short snippets of external text, format and attribute it as a direct quote. See the guide from the library if you have questions and review the course generative AI policy in the syllabus.