This critique will compare two papers listed below that we discussed in class on Bayesian networks for gene expression data. Your critique should be 1-2 pages long, single spaced. Please submit your critique via canvas. The papers are:
- Using Bayesian Networks to Analyze Expression Data
- Reconstructing Gene Regulatory Networks with Bayesian Networks by Combining Expression Data with Multiple Sources of Prior Knowledge.
Please keep the following points in mind as you write your critique and address each in a separate section.
1. An overview of the general problem area these methods are addressing.
2. Briefly describe each method
3. How were the methods evaluated?
4. What novel insights were obtained using these methods?
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each method?
As an example, you can refer to these example critiques (Example1, Example2) that scored very highly. These critiques were written for a slightly different set of papers, but hopefully you can see these as examples of a good critique.